Warranty on Retail Purchases
All towbars, accessories and related products purchased directly from Go-Tow Ltd come with a Manufacturers Guarantee, most manufacturers offer a lifetime guarantee on towbars in accordance with the terms set out in their terms and conditions. If you have any queries in relation to the Lifetime Guarantee, you can contact us on email@example.com or contact the manufacturer direct, all electrical items, and any accessories come with a standard 12 month manufacturer guarantee, Witter cycle carriers come with a manufacturers 3 year warranty as detailed below “Cycle carriers”
1. Quality Standards
All Towbars supplied by Go-Tow Ltd are designed and manufactured to meet and exceed the requirements of 94/20/EC as well as Regulation 55 and are produced within a quality system conforming to ISO 9001-2000.
2. Statutory Guarantee – first 28 Days from Delivery
If you discover a fault with your Towbar and inform us about it during the first 28 days from delivery of your Towbar you have certain rights under the Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002. These rights will apply if any fault in the materials or workmanship of your Towbar means that your Towbar is not of satisfactory quality, or does not conform to specification. In these circumstances we will repair or replace your Towbar (or the relevant part) free of charge and we will also pay your reasonable postage costs within the UK of returning the Towbar to us. However, if the costs to Go-Tow Ltd of repairing or replacing your Towbar are disproportionately high then we may choose to refund the price of your Towbar, or part of the price reflecting the cost to you of the fault, instead.
3. The Guarantee – after the first 28 Days from Delivery
For manufacturers offering a lifetime guarantee these generic terms should apply but are by no means offered as an accurate interpretation of their terms and conditions, contact the supplier for an accurate and up to date version of their terms and conditions. If you discover a fault with your Towbar and inform us and the manufacturer about it after the first 28 Days from delivery, your Towbar will be covered by the Manufacturer Guarantee where offered for the lifetime of the Towbar, subject to the conditions and exclusions described in the Manufacturers Guarantee.
For Manufacturers offering a Lifetime Guarantee this will only apply for as long as the vehicle remains in the ownership of the individual who purchased the Towbar or who first had the Towbar fitted (if not the purchaser). The Lifetime Guarantee cannot be transferred to subsequent owners of the vehicle. Subject to the Towbar being used and cared for as set out in this Guarantee, the Manufacturers will replace or repair free of charge any parts of your Towbar which are faulty because of materials or workmanship during the lifetime of your Towbar. Your reasonable postage charges are expected to be covered within the UK of returning the Towbar to the towbar manufacturer, the lifetime Guarantees offered by the manufacturers do not include Labour costs.
Detachable towballs are guaranteed for two years from date of purchase as long as the vehicle remains in the ownership of the individual who purchased the Towbar or who first had the Towbar fitted (if not the purchaser), Proof of purchase must be produced to the relevant Manufacturers in form of a purchasing receipt, invoice or installation documentation. This guarantee cannot be transferred to subsequent owners of the vehicle. For the avoidance of doubt the Lifetime Guarantee does not apply to Towballs or socket plates.
Where as a Manufacturer does not offer a Lifetime Guarantee the above terms will be valid for a Maximum of 12 months from the date the Towbar was delivered to the purchaser.
4. Cycle Carriers
Cycle Carriers purchased directly from Go-Tow Ltd (or an recommended supplier) are covered under a warranty of three years from delivery against manufacturing defect as long as the cycle carrier remains in the ownership of the individual who purchased the carrier. Proof of purchase must be produced to Witter Towbars in form of a purchasing receipt, invoice or installation documentation. The warranty cannot be transferred to subsequent owners of the cycle carrier. For the avoidance of doubt the Lifetime Guarantee does not apply to cycle carriers.
5. Use and Care of Towbar
While the manufacturers willingly take responsibility for their materials and workmanship, you could damage your Towbar by failing to use or care for your Towbar correctly. Therefore, your Towbar will only be covered by any Guarantee if you have used and cared for your Towbar correctly in accordance with the use and care requirements which are set out in the rest of clause 5 below.
The vehicle application is stated on the installation instructions provided with your Towbar. However, due to the constantly changing model and vehicle specifications Go-Tow Ltd or the relevant supplying Manufacturer cannot guarantee that the Towbar is suitable for every model variant, especially those not originally intended for the UK market. If you are in any doubt about installation of your Towbar, please call Go-Tows Customer care line for advice before commencing installation .
The following points must be observed during installation:
· Your Towbar must be installed in accordance with the Manufacturer supplied installation instructions, unless you have been advised otherwise by the Manufactures Technical Department. You are responsible for ensuring that the installation instructions are suitable for your vehicle.
· Your Towbar must be installed by a recommended fitter. Go-Tow Ltd recognise the NTTA CE approval as demonstrating the required level of competence. Other certifications may also demonstrate the required level of competence and we recommend that if you contact us to verify the certifications of your installer.
· At the time of installation the mounting points and adjacent areas of your vehicle must be free of corrosion or pre-existing damage.
· Unless stated otherwise in the installation instructions all fasteners must be tightened to the following torque settings:
Grade 8.8 bolts: M8 - 24Nm, M10 - 52 Nm, M12 - 80 Nm, M14 - 130 Nm, M16 - 200 Nm Grade 10.9: M12 – 120Nm, M10 – 70Nm M8- 35Nm
· Any Towball or coupling device fitted to your Towbar must have a 'D' and 'S' value either greater than or equal to that of the Towbar, or have a part number as specified in the installation instructions.
Towbars that are faulty or have been damaged due to incorrect or faulty installation will not be covered by any Guarantee. Towbars that have not been installed by a recommended fitter will not be covered by any Guarantee.
5B. Paint Finish
Where any further paint coatings are to be applied we recommend that you test any coating on a small unexposed area of the Towbar before painting the entire Towbar.
The Towbar is subject to an extremely harsh environment due to it being located 'under body'. Due to the high potential of stone chips, exhaust fume build up etc; Go-Tow Ltd or the relevant Manufacturers cannot offer any guarantee on how long the Towbar will remain free from rust.
After a maximum of 500 miles of towing or 6 Months after installation whichever comes first and thereafter every year you must inspect your Towbar and:
· Re-torque all fixings to the values specified on the installation instructions.
· Repair any damage to the paint finish.
· Replace any damaged components. Only genuine manufacturer parts may be used in order to benefit from the Guarantee.
5D. Inappropriate Use/Care
The following circumstances are likely to cause harm to your Towbar through inappropriate use or care and will have the result that your Towbar is not covered by any Guarantee (unless covered under paragraph 2 above):
· If the vehicle on which the Towbar is installed is involved in an accident, incident or collision with another vehicle or object.
· If for any reason (either directly or indirectly) an abnormal load is applied to the Towbar.
· If the Towbar has been damaged, misused or neglected.
· If any changes, modifications or repairs have been carried out to the Towbar or any of its components without the prior written consent of the Towbar manufacturer.
· If the Towbar is transferred to another vehicle.
6. Warranty against Theft
Go-Tow Ltd or any relevant manufacturer do not offer any type of warranty against theft. The locks on Witter Cycle Carriers and on any detachable towbar necks are designed to deter vandalism and theft. Detachable necks, cycle carriers and other property should be removed from the vehicle when it is unattended for any extended period or not in use to prevent any situation that may provide an opportunity for theft or vandalism. We do recommend that you check with either your vehicle insurance or homeowners/renters insurance to see if the rack is covered.
7. Statutory Rights
This Guarantee does not confer any rights other than those expressly set out above and does not cover any claim for indirect or consequential loss or damage. Nothing in this Guarantee in intended to limit or exclude the liability of Go-Tow Ltd for anything which it is not permitted to exclude or limit under English law.
This Guarantee is offered as an extra benefit to and does not affect your statutory rights.